Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Welcome To My Page

Welcome everyone to my first blog page. Here I will be keeping everyone up to date with my studies and travels in Aachen Germany. Just to update those who might have questions on what I'm doing, I will be studying business at the Aachen School of Applied Sciences. I will be studying for 2 semesters, after which I will receive a German Diploma and be returning to the States August of 2009. Other than traveling to some of the various countries surrounding Germany, my goals are to learn to speak German fluently, begin to understand the business world in Germany, and setup possibilities to work internationally and put to use my German. I am very excited and if anyone has advice, I'm all ears!

Some Thoughts Before the Plunge...

Its crazy to think that in less than a week I will be leaving the country for my first time to spend a year in Germany. Being a last second sort of guy, I find myself frantically running around, finding new things that I would like or need to do before I leave. Currently I'm attempting to cram in 3 levels of the Rosetta Stone Deutsch, set up this blog thing here, figure out what I need to pack, pack, plan one last beach trip, go on the trip, say goodbye to everyone (not good at goodbyes),...... then GO!

So I'm the only person from George Mason that is going on this program, I haven't heard from anyone in the States that are going, and I don't know anyone over in Aachen. Doesn't get any more exciting than that! Who am I going to be hanging with? What is the town going to be like? I hear going abroad is an eye opening experience; what does that mean for me? These are just some of the questions that run through my mind as the day gets closer. Not worth losing sleep over, I guess. Anyways, speaking of sleep, I have a long 3 days of work at Silverado ahead of me and its time to hit to ol' dusty trail. Guten Nacht!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Guten Morgan Thomas! I am so excited for you - this is such an opportunity and you are seizing it and running with it! I know things are crazy right now, but that's all part of the fun :) If I don't see you before you leave, know you're in my prayers. I have put your blog on my Google Reader (along with all the other blogs I follow - it's amazing I get off to work on time every morning! So I will be following your adventure. Much love, Eileen

PS - Do you anticipate coming home at all for visits, like around the holidays, or other times?

Tommy Boy said...

Thanks Eileen! No I do not plan on coming home for the holidays. I want the total experience!